Honest about the fact that I haven’t paid as much attention to posting screenshots on this blog as I should have. But I hate to break promises, even if no one really cares. So I’m going to cram 28 screenshots in here before the end of the month. To do so, they’re just going to be fairly random with no explanations or cute stories and unfortunately, I don’t even have time to make them pretty because I’m totally going out of town in the morning. But hopefully you’ll enjoy them anyways.
I did decide to renew my domain name. Even though it’s rarely used these days, I did enjoy blogging here back when I was more active and the name still cracks me up, so I had to save it. Now if I ever do find anything I want to say about SWTOR, I still have a platform I can use. Honestly, it may happen sooner than later because I’ve been getting real cranky lately about how often my rich and abundant slicing missions DON’T yield the Advanced Neural Augmentor, even though I’m running them constantly with 2 companions who are maxed out on affection. Grrr…. now I’m pissed off all over again just thinking about it.
Anywho, long live allforthewookiee.com
Oh how I love thee
Pretty purple lightsaber
You make death look good
Riding my speeder
I feel so bad-ass and cool
I am such a dork
Every chance I get
I club dance with my guildies
They never tip me
My Jedi wears pants
Instead of a sissy robe
Her butt looks so good
It feels like cheating
To make these silly little poems
A published blog post
Searching through the Global Address List at work this week while looking for a colleague’s phone number, I discovered a co-worker named…
**Edited to say, the black bar behind Solo Han is to block out the website product he’s associated with. I promise you, Solo is his first name and Han is his last name.
I’ve been playing alts a lot more lately and while leveling my trooper through Coruscant, I actually earned a helmet that I don’t hate. I know, that’s unheard of. But it’s true. I’m sure other troopers have worn it and maybe most people hate it like most helmets, but there’s something about this one that I think is cute. It goes well with my face tattoo? I’m not sure what it is that makes me like it but until I earn another one, I will proudly display my head slot. I’m just sad that it’s a low level green helmet and not one I can continue to wear.
But at least I know I won’t be wearing any ugly helmets. I have already purchased orange items I want to wear to make a cool looking outfit. I just have to get to level 19 to be able to equip them and I should easily hit 19 today. So depending on how much money I have and how quickly I can afford to put mods in everything, I will make sure and post some pictures of my trooper in her hawt, new outfit soon.
1. I have not forgotten I said I’d do a round-up post linking to anyone who chose to join me in writing a 3 month update post. I am giving everyone a few more days and then I’ll get that post up on Friday. So if you have already written a 3 month update post, will be writing one before Friday, or know someone who has written one then be sure and leave a comment on this post with the link so I can get it included.
2. As you know, I’m a proud member of the best guild ever, The Snark Side, and today I wrote a post for the guild blog which you can find here on the one and only (and always entertaining) Snarkside.com.
And as promised, here’s a bonus screenshot: this is me our first time in Karaggas Palace and as a new hardcore raider you can see I’m really trying hard to impress my guild by showing off my floor-tanking skills. Seriously, it’s a good thing I’ve already wormed my way into their hearts because I’m afraid I wouldn’t make the cut if I applied as a raider.
… I hit level 50 and it somehow sucked the blogging right out of me.
DON’T STOP READING, THIS DOESN’T MEAN I HATE THE GAME.
The story-telling, leveling process is very cool in SWTOR and with everything being a new experience, I had plenty of stuff to write about while leveling. Now that I’m 50 … I am still having a total blast and the game is still very cool. I just, for whatever reason, haven’t had a lot to say. I blame this on several game related things and several non-game related things.
Let’s start with the non-game related things.
- Overtime at work: money = good, mental exhaustion = less SWTOR. Also, for years now I’ve done the majority of my blogging at work and when work is behind & I don’t have time to write posts, I don’t make the time to write them at home. It’s just too much of a routine to write them at work.
- High School Basketball season: I love watching sports live, I love my friends, I love watching my friend’s kid play sports live. Especially when she’s the star bball player averaging 26 points a game her senior year. Add to that I decided to become her official photographer for the season and I spent a lot of time driving all over the state watching basketball games these past few months. March Madness baby, it’s a real thing. Also, my twin nephews just spent 6 weeks playing in an indoor soccer league and I went to those games too
- The winter blues: they cannot be escaped.
- There are too many games: I still play WoW a bit, I play Xbox games (bought Skyrim this weekend but haven’t started it yet), I have about 18 games through Steam … there are too many games. And Guild Wars 2 is coming. And Diablo 3 beta is coming. WTB moar time.
Now the game related things.
- I have managed to overwhelm myself with screenshots and it just seems too daunting to sit down and weed some out for editing. Also, I’m still genuinely worried about posting something that may be a spoiler for someone since the game is so new.
- I’m not gonna lie, I miss achievements. SWTOR does have the codex system that pops up text when you discover new lore/creatures/etc. And I am obsessed with trying to complete my codex. But it’s not the same as achievements. It’s not exciting for me to write a post “Hey you guys, I just found a Wampa” because everyone who goes to Hoth will find a Wampa. BFD. If we had an achievement system similar to WoW then I’d be more excited and could post things like “Hey you guys, I just finished questing in Hoth and got the ‘Didn’t Have To Sleep In A TaunTaun’ achievement”.
- When I’m logged in, I am so worried about doing dailies to gain raiding gear and farming slicing nodes to gain credits that I don’t spend any time on my alts. I’m not saying I don’t enjoy my dailies, but there’s just nothing new to talk about there, whereas working on an alt would give me a whole new cool storyline to post about.
- I am not a raiding expert. Or an expert on anything for that matter. I’ve never been one who could theorycraft, crunch numbers while analyzing my dps, remember every detail of every wipe or kill we experienced 2 nights ago, etc. My posts are fluffy. I am aware of it. And fluffy posts are not a necessity in this world, so I’ve found myself putting blogging on the back burner in favor of other things. The problem is, I really enjoy blogging and it frustrates me that I am not posting at least twice a week. I’d actually prefer 3 or 4 posts a week. Sigh.
Okay, I’ll stop there. That’s enough QQ’ing for one day. Although I’m really not QQ’ing so much as just trying to offer an explanation for why things are the way they are. The bright side is, basketball & soccer are over, work has (temporarily) slowed down, I’ve spent a little bit of time on my Trooper alt the past few days, and I’m starting to shed the winter blues. I’m hopeful that means things around here will become a bit more lively again. Except this coming weekend I’m going out of town to booze it up and spend lots of money at the casino so don’t expect much out of me until I recover. Unless I win big, in which case I could quit my job and become a full-time blogger. I’ll keep you posted.
When I first rolled Kristalys I had a 4 year history of being an herbalist on almost every character I ever played in World of Warcraft, so with all of the shiny new crew skills available to me in SWTOR I decided I would NOT pick flowers. I chose archaeology, slicing and treasure hunting (no crafting because I’m greedy and wanted to make money off selling mats). Cut to a little over 2 months later and yesterday I found myself dropping my maxed out archaeology and picking up bioanalysis. Then I spent the rest of the day leveling it up and revisiting all the lowbie planets to farm some flowers.
Why did I succumb to my old ways? Because my guild is getting ready to begin our raiding schedule and the couple of people who have been leveling up biochem are graciously trying their best to provide us with all the stims, medpacs, etc. we may need. And I hear tell some of the mats are expensive. Since I wasn’t doing anything useful with my 3 gathering skills other than just making money for myself, I decided I would be the perfect candidate to help supply red goo for the good of the guild. Besides, I’m a completionist and had already wanted to revisit all the planets to try and complete my codex.
So I’m back to picking flowers and I gotta admit, I’m fine with it. Although now I’m not really sure why I decided this qualified as something important enough to post about. Seemed like a good idea when I wrote the title. Actually, I probably should have just stopped there. A post title and a picture of a hippie. In fact, just go ahead and pretend that’s all that’s here. Ignore the rest of this.
Oh, and if you happen to be on my server please send me all your red goo. kthxbai